[LLVMdev] Looking for a fix to memory leak in DWARF support

Sergei Larin slarin at codeaurora.org
Fri Jun 13 09:16:20 PDT 2014

David, (and everyone else)

  I am forced to do some maintenance work on a fairly old LLVM branch
(likely based on release 3.1) that among other issues has a major problem
with memory leak somewhere around DWARF debug support.
In fact customer is unable to build with -g at all - simply running out of
memory on their project...

  I seem to remember that there has been a major fix related to it, but
finding it hard to pinpoint. So the appeal to the communal memory - do you
remember if  there was a single fix (since the middle of 2012 or so) that
would have addressed such issue?

  I know the code was drastically change since - I have seen this for
instance
llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/MC/ELFObjectWriter.cpp?view=log&
pathrev=205990

...but not sure this is what I am looking for, and whether there is
something less drastic than I can do to plug that leak.

Any clue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Sergei

---
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by
The Linux Foundation