[LLVMdev] Creating and implementing an analysis group out of tree

Jeremy Salwen jeremysalwen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 13:46:23 PDT 2014

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the link! I'm able to compile a standalone pass outside of the
source tree, and I'm obviously ably to compile analysis groups inside the
source tree.  However, the problem comes when I try to do what the tutorial
suggests to create an analysis group outside of the source tree.

My understanding is that building out of tree requires different methods to
register the passes.  For example, the class RegisterPass, which the
tutorial instructs you to use (and is used by sample repository you
linked), never shows up in the source tree.  Likewise for
RegisterAnalysisGroup.  Furthermore I've found that just copying the way
it's done in the source tree and not using RegisterPass causes opt to not
recognize your command-line arguments.

Do you know of any other projects that will demonstrate how to build passes
out of tree, only creating an analysis group as well?

Thanks
Jeremy