[LLVMdev] Help regarding ad new functionality in Backend

pratik dand pratikdand143 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:30:10 PDT 2014

Dear,

I am looking at the Instructions defined in the XXXXInstrInfo.td where I
can see a def record defined like below

def ADD8rr  : I8rr<0x0,
                   (outs GR8:$dst), (ins GR8:$src, GR8:$src2),
                   "add.b\t{$src2, $dst}",
                   [(set GR8:$dst, (*add *GR8:$src, GR8:$src2)),
                    (implicit SRW)]>;

Now here I would like the to replace the add(highlighted) by an arbitrary
function say 'foo' (foo will use already defined functions. For eg. foo
could be the gcd function evaluating the gcd of two operands and likewise).

Note: gcd is just an example.

How can this be achieved?

--
Pratik