[LLVMdev] Support for Windows Phone 8.1

Nick Lewycky nicholas at mxc.ca
Sat Jun 7 16:49:22 PDT 2014

Damanjit Singh wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Would really appreciate any help here.
>
> Thanks,
> Daman
>
> From: Damanjit Singh <dsingh at adobe.com <mailto:dsingh at adobe.com>>
> Date: Friday, 6 June 2014 12:57 pm
> To: "llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu <mailto:llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu>"
> <llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu <mailto:llvmdev at cs.uiuc.edu>>
> Subject: Support for Windows Phone 8.1
>
> Hi LLVMdev,
>
> Does the latest trunk code support Windows Phone 8.1 target ?

I don't know this, but ...

> I was trying out a simple program, but Visual Studio 2013’s linker
> failed for me with this error - app.obj : error LNK2008: Fixup target is
> not aligned ‘add3'
>
> This is what I tried -
>
>   * Download latest LLVM sources (as on 4th June) and build them on my
>     MAC 10.9 machine.
>   * Wrote a simple a.c, with add3 function-
>
> int add3(int i, int j)
> {
> int k = i+j;
> return k;
> }
>
>   * Create LLVM IR using Xcode 5.1’s clang ( *clang –S -O0 -emit–llvm a.c* )
>   * Create obj file – using llc - *. /i686-apple-darwin11-llc
>     -filetype=obj -mtriple=thumbv7-windows-msvc -O0 a.s *

... in general this doesn't work. The transformation from C to LLVM IR
needs to know the target triple. Try "clang
--target=thumbv7-windows-msvc a.c -c -o a.obj"? Since clang has a
built-in assembler, you should get a valid COFF file out, to the extent
that clang and llvm support this target.

If that doesn't work, I may suggest it's unsupported.

Nick