[LLVMdev] Stack maps no longer experimental in 3.5

Filip Pizlo fpizlo at apple.com
Fri Jun 6 21:14:04 PDT 2014

The only setback is to ensure that we synchronize the renaming with WebKit.

The WebKit->LLVM interface currently avoids revision-lock; you can take any recent revision of either and build a working browser engine. This is mostly true even when we change the stack map format because of versioning in the format. I'd rather keep it that way.

Is there a way to do this with intrinsics?  I.e. is there a safe way for WebKit to query whether "llvm.patchpoint" is an available intrinsic, and then fallback to "llvm.experimental.patchpoint" if it's not available?

-Fil