[LLVMdev] How much memory clang llvm needs for debug compiling?

Nancy nancydreaming at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:59:18 PDT 2014

> First, you could switch to ld.gold instead of ld.bfd. It uses much
 $ln -s `which gold` /usr/local/bin/ld

> the idea. I think for autoconf you need ".../configure
> --enable-split-dwarf" to use this.

 $.../configure --enable-targets=x86 --enable-split-dwarf
 $ make -j2
 $ sudo make install

It works for me. Thanks a lot!

I want to use emacs+gdb to trace the code work flow.
M-x gdb
Run like gdb --annotate=3 clang
(gdb) set args test.c
(gdb) b main
(gdb) b /home/nancy/work/llvm/tools/clang/lib/Lex/Lexer.cpp:57
(gdb) r
 It block at llvm/tools/clang/tools/driver/driver.cpp  main() fucntion.
(gdb) c
 program exit normally
 why? why it not call Lexer.cpp:InitLexer()? And I really can't find
any entry point to clang/lib/*.cpp files within help of SourceInsight
code view start from llvm/tools/clang/tools/driver/driver.cpp  main()
function.

What's wrong with me?

--
Best Regards,