[LLVMdev] [LLVM Doc] tblgen backends

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jun 3 06:30:22 PDT 2014

On 3 June 2014 14:10, Daniil Troshkov <troshkovdanil at gmail.com> wrote:
> The job is very simple: add link at page
> https://github.com/draperlaboratory/fracture/wiki/How-TableGen%27s-DAGISel-Backend-Works
> into doc page
> http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/BackEnds.html

That's not what I meant. There are some parts of that doc that are
redundant with what we have already on http://llvm.org/docs/TableGen/,
so just adding a link wouldn't help people that are reading them make
any sense of why we should redirect them to another, different but
slightly similar, doc.

What I meant was to add the *contents* of that doc (with the author's
permission) into our docs, by merging the contents and removing the
duplication.

About LLVM's docs, it's based on Sphinx (http://sphinx-doc.org/ or
http://lld.llvm.org/sphinx_intro.html) and this
(http://llvm.org/docs/SphinxQuickstartTemplate.html) should get you
going with LLVM docs. At the end, just submit your patch to the
llvm-commits list and if approved, it'll be merged.

cheers,
--renato