[LLVMdev] Codeface: Open-Source Developer Study

codeface codeface at fim.uni-passau.de
Thu Jul 31 03:50:04 PDT 2014

Dear Open-Source Developers,

The University of Passau is currently studying the mechanisms that
contribute to effective collaboration in open-source projects so that
appropriate tools and techniques are created to support the needs of
open-source developers. To achieve this goal, we are evaluating the
usefulness of software archives (e.g., mailing lists, version-control
system, and bug tracker) to quantitatively model social relationships
and collaborative patterns in open-source projects. The culmination of
this effort is an open-source project called Codeface, which is a
framework and web front-end for analyzing social and technical aspects
of software development. To learn more about Codeface, please visit
http://siemens.github.io/codeface.

We are now recruiting open-source developers to participate in a short
survey. The survey is composed of 4 questions and takes about *5
minutes* to complete. We ensure that all of your information will be
kept confidential and will only be used for scientific research
purposes. There is no commercial interest in the results. We are
merely interested in learning about your collaborative experiences as
an open-source developer.

To access the survey, please click on the link below.
http://rfhinf067.hs-regensburg.de:8080/login.html

We highly appreciate your efforts, and we sincerely hope that you will
take the time to participate. Upon completion of the survey, you may
include your e-mail address so that we can send you the anonymized
survey results.

We would also like to express our gratitude for support from Siemens
Corporate Research and University of Applied Sciences Regensburg.

Sincerely,

Mitchell Joblin

PhD Student
Department of Informatics and Mathematics
University of Passau