[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.5 support for Microsoft Windows Structured Exception Handling?

Chandler Carruth chandlerc at google.com
Wed Jul 30 13:06:17 PDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 12:28 PM, Simon Koeman <simonk at microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I was wondering if the upcoming LLVM 3.5 release will have support for
> Microsoft Windows Structured Exception handling (e.g.,
> __try/__except/__finally)?

(BTW, this question is probably better addressed to the Clang list: cfe-dev)

3.5 supports parsing and semantic analysis, although there may be some
bugs. The code generation support is in progress, and didn't finish in time
for the branch, but should be done soon (well, as soon as anything in open
source). =]

-Chandler