[LLVMdev] Sanitizer test failure

Evgeniy Stepanov eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 07:02:43 PDT 2014

You mean replacing SIGUSR1 with SIGHUP in the test case? Weird, I
don't see how they are different.

POSIX.1-2001  requires  that  if a process sends a signal to itself,
and the sending thread
       does not have the signal blocked, and no other thread has it
unblocked or is waiting for it
       in sigwait(3), at least one unblocked signal must be delivered
to the sending thread before
       the kill() returns.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
> Yup, using SIGHUP works.
>
> On 29 July 2014 13:14, Evgeniy Stepanov <eugeni.stepanov at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could it be that I'm misunderstanding signal semantics, and SIGUSR1 is
>> not guaranteed to be delivered (to the same process!) before kill()
>> returns? Could you check if that's what happens by adding a sleep()
>> somewhere?
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:17 AM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Evgeniy,
>>>
>>> Yes, it is. The problem here is that the program doesn't fail on my
>>> box (release and debug builds), so I have no idea how to debug the
>>> problem. According to the test, it's ran as "not