[LLVMdev] Adding a stack probe function attribute

Mon Jul 28 16:16:04 PDT 2014

Hi, I want to add a stack probe function attribute which would insert stack
probes on all platforms, not just Windows. This will be useful for Rust
since it must guarantee that the stack can't overflow, which it currently
abuses the segmented stack support for. I'm not sure which kind of
attribute is appropriate here. It must be added to the caller when inlined
and clients of LLVM should be able to tell if code generation supports it.
I would like some tips on how to implement this.