[LLVMdev] What is the quality of code generated by llc's cpp target?

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:42:14 PDT 2014

On 28 July 2014 16:12, David Glanzman <gland at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Does it produce generally up-to-date use of the APIs or am I better off avoiding it all together?

Somewhere between the two. It's definitely not an example of the best
way to use the LLVM API (I'd say). It doesn't even use IRBuilder, let
alone smart pointers. Its output is primarily driven by the need to be
procedurally generated, rather than sane. I wouldn't even be surprised
if it didn't compile.

But even so it can be helpful for relationships between instructions
and to find out class and function names. Worth a try if the API docs
don't give you an answer immediately, in my view.

Cheers.

Tim.