[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] GCC and LLVM collaboration: Cauldron's feedback

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 Pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:41:38 PDT 2014

On 7/28/2014 5:21 AM, Renato Golin wrote:
> Legacy sucks, we all know that. GCC takes the view that they can't
> remove *any* legacy, which is exactly the opposite of what we do. I
> don't see a problem here.

I understand this viewpoint, but I wonder what their attitude would be
towards adding warnings for features-we'd-remove-were-it-not-for-legacy.
(Hmm, that's a nice suggestion for a very long -W flag name to convince
people to drop them rather than adding -Wno-... to their C{XX}FLAGS.)

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer