[LLVMdev] [RFC] Install yaml2obj and obj2yaml utilities together with other LLVM tools

Sean Silva chisophugis at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 16:07:10 PDT 2014

I think that installing these tools and having them used by third-party
projects are separate questions.

AFAIK, currently these tools are considered purely internal testing tools,
so we don't want external projects relying on them. Anyway, I personally
can't think of any project other than MCLinker for which it would make
sense to depend on these tools, so better to just have the MCLinker folks
get involved upstream.

As to installing the tools, I'm sure that many of the tools that get
installed currently are testing tools as well, so I don't see the harm of
installing these tools (besides possibly bloating packages, which should
probably be evaluated). Personally I don't think these tools are very
useful outside of their testing role so I wouldn't bother installing them.

-- Sean Silva