[LLVMdev] JIT on armhf, again

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Jul 24 14:47:13 PDT 2014

On 7/24/14, 7:06 PM, Tim Northover wrote:
[...]
>> No; I don't have a debugger on this platform.
>
> That's probably the first thing I'd look at fixing.

Oddly enough, I find myself rather disinclined to debug gdb...

[...]
> LLVM's API just isn't packaged for people to use as a black box. It's
> the ad-hoc mixture of all the bells and whistles existing users have
> found useful, without the important ones being marked.

I've noticed.

I should add that my application works absolutely fine on amd64 on Linux
and OS X; I'm not trying to *develop* on ARM, merely get an existing app
working. I'm reasonably confident that the logic is correct.

When developing an LLVM backend, I've used tracing to find out what the
compiler was doing while generating code; is the tracing logic built in
to the JIT? Can it be enabled? That should at least tell me *why* it's
picking the registers it is.

│ "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their
│ children, practice withcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
│ --- Rev. Pat Robertson