[LLVMdev] JIT on armhf, again

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Thu Jul 24 08:46:30 PDT 2014

On 7/24/14, 7:18 AM, Tim Northover wrote:
[...]
> Which triple are you using? And is the correct code used when you run
> the same IR through "llc -mtriple=whatever"?

armv7-linux-gnueabihf, as suggested; and if I use llc -mtriple then the
code compiles to:

  vstr s0, [r0]
  bx lr

...which I would consider correct. (What's more interesting is *without*
specifying the triple llc generates armel code. Should llc default to
generating code which will actually run on a given platform? Is it
possible my version of llvm has been compiled with the wrong options?
clang generates correct code, but it looks like it's not going via llc.)

> Finally, which version of LLVM are you using?

llvm-3.5, as supplied by Debian.

[...]
> It ought to be the environment part of the triple that controls it:
> eabihf or gnueabihf, for example.

Does the system support linking together multiple modules with different
triples? Since my function is externally visible, is it deliberately
using the armel calling convention because it thinks it's being called
from code where my triple doesn't apply? Should I be setting the triple
on the execution engine as a whole (which I've avoided so far because
the API looks painful)?

[...]
> Did you try setting a breakpoint in that function I mentioned and
> finding out just which test fails on the path to returning AAPCS_VFP?

No; I don't have a debugger on this platform.

│ "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their
│ children, practice withcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
│ --- Rev. Pat Robertson