[LLVMdev] VMKit build problems; can't use LLVM3.4.2 ?

Gaël Thomas gael.thomas00 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:53:32 PDT 2014

Hi Brian,

The development of VMKit is a little bit stuck because we don't have
any contributor. Basically, I'm alone on the project and I don't have
any time for development (the engineers and PhD students that were
involved in the project are all gone).

As you can see, we only support LLVM 3.3. If you are interested in
helping porting VMKit for a newer version, I can help to explain how
VMKit is designed and to explain how the tricky parts of the code
work? Otherwise, I have started an implementation of VMKit for MCJIT
and a newer version of LLVM one year ago (branch mcjit), but I'm
unable to find any time to continue since january. But it means that I
know what we have to do to follow the last changes made in LLVM :)

So, if you are interested in contributing, just tell me.

See you,
Gaël