[LLVMdev] GCC/LLVM frame pointer incompatibility on ARM

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jul 17 07:54:00 PDT 2014

On 17 July 2014 15:13, Yury Gribov <y.gribov at samsung.com> wrote:
> Note that these tools wouldn't work with Clang then.
> And vice verse: tools that are developed in Clang (Asan) won't work with
> GCC.

That's the point. Break one to fix the other when there is no agreed
standard is not a good use of resources. Whenever there's an agreed
standard, we can all move to the same implementation.

> I think you meant "keeping prologue when no local logic requires it is
> pointless" ?

Yes, sorry.

I'll have to take that to a higher level, ie ARM, just like Jim was
doing with the assembly aliases in ARMCC's docs. It could take a
while...

--renato