[LLVMdev] [3.5 Release] Tentative Schedule

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Mon Jul 14 13:46:24 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 10:59:03AM -0700, Bill Wendling wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m sorry for the late announcement. Here’s a tentative schedule for the 3.5 release.

Hi Bill,

I would like to propose a slight change to the release process.  Instead
of naming the release tag directory RELEASE_XY, it would be better to
use RELEASE_XYZ to make it easier to support dot releases in the various
release scripts.  Here is a documentation patch for the proposed change:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20140616/221946.html

If there are no objections to this, then I will create aliases for the
3.4.2 tags using this new naming convention and then update the release
scripts. I think we will want to use 3.4.2 as the baseline when we check
3.5 for regressions, since in theory it has less bugs than 3.4.0

-Tom