[LLVMdev] Getting SELECT_CC and BR_CC DAG nodes

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 10:37:45 PDT 2014

> Does any better algorithm of figuring out how to generate specific DAG node exists?

Not really, I'm afraid. Some suggestions, in order of desperation:

+ Read include/llvm/CodeGen/ISDOpcodes.h and write IR that would
produce the node as described.
+ Scan through SelectionDAGBuilder.cpp and/or the combiner &
legalizers, trying to work out why they're formed.
+ Put an assert somewhere definitely on the path and run "make check".
New failures will contain IR exercising the node.
+ Read files in step 2 with a fine tooth comb, cursing the person who
added a node without any tests.

Cheers.

Tim.