[LLVMdev] "weak" linking rtti

Carlo Kok ck at remobjects.com
Tue Jul 8 13:03:53 PDT 2014

Are there any strategies for an llvm based compiler to emit type info for
a method that is only linked in when that method is used?

I can figure out how to only link in type info when it's used, but for the
methods in type info, which pull in the methods they refer to as part of
the type info, which then pull in other things, etc making for huge
executables. What I want is to only have the type info for a specific
method if that method ended up being linked. How can I do that?