[LLVMdev] Return Type of Call Function with nested bitcast

Manish Gupta manishg at cs.ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 7 16:47:46 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with CallInst with nested bitcast instruction. I want
to check if the return type of a call is void or non-void the below line
works well for CallInst without bit cast.

*cast<CallInst>(I)->getCalledFunction()->getReturnType()->isVoidTy()*

But for Call instructions like
*call void bitcast (void (%struct.jpeg_compress_struct.131*, i32)*
@jinit_c_master_control to void (%struct.jpeg_compress_struct.109*,
i32)*)(%struct.jpeg_compress_struct.109* %0, i32 0)*

getCalledFuncion returns null and the pass crashes.

Thanks!
Manish