[LLVMdev] LLVM Problem

Dan Liew dan at su-root.co.uk
Sun Jul 6 03:02:24 PDT 2014

Hi,

> an error which I an unable to resolve and understand:
>
> llvm-dis: invalid module_code_globalvar record

As a first step you can try emitting LLVM assembly directly rather than
using llvm-dis

$ clang -O3 -emit-llvm hello.c -S -o hello.ll

> Hoping for an early response.

You're more likely to get help if you provide more information.

* What version of LLVM and clang are you using? E.g. from trunk? You should
also be careful not to mix LLVM and clang versions (e.g. a bitcode file
produced by clang 3.2 might not work properly with LLVM 3.4)

* What are the contents of hello.c?
If you don't provide the source file nobody apart from you can try to
reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Dan