[LLVMdev] MOS6502 target

Edwin Amsler edwinguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:23:41 PDT 2014

Hey there!

I've started to embark on a path to try and create a backend for a 39 year old CPU with only an accumulator, two index registers, and a 256 byte stack. It does have a bank of 256 bytes before the stack that are pretty quick though.

Really, if I can get an assembler out of `llc`, that'll be success enough for me. Clang would be better, but I think that might be crazy talk.

I've been doing lots of research so far, but from the experts, how feasible does this sound?

I've also been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what all the classes for different instruction types do. Is there a nicely documented index? Is it in source somewhere, or should I start one?

Thanks,

Edwin