[LLVMdev] LLVM and gem5

John Criswell jtcriswel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 08:48:12 PDT 2014

Dear Pratik,

I'm not sure that your question is clear.  To my understanding, GEM is a
Simics-based CPU emulator that runs standard x86 binaries.  Therefore,
I'd expect the output of an unmodified LLVM compiler for x86 to run on
GEM.  The only reason why you'd get output from LLVM that doesn't work
on the simulator is if LLVM is configured to generate code for x86
features that GEM doesn't support.

Can you more thoroughly explain the problem that you're having?

Regards,

John Criswell