[LLVMdev] Usability of phabricator review threads for non-phab-users

Yaron Keren yaron.keren at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 05:04:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have found Phabricator a better organized way to review patches than the
e-mail lists. e-mail threads are sometimes split  so you have to search for
the previous thread. e-mail threads do not show as nice as Phab shows, with
all the diffs ready and highlighted (I have a diff viewer of course but
that's an extra step). It's not always easy to find the latest patch
version in long threads.

The main problems with the current setup are
1) Phab does not enforce posting on the list (this was already discussed on
the list).
2) The coordination issues Tobias listed, most important that e-mail
replies to the Phab thread (on the list) that do not appear in Phab. It
means that once a review was started on Phab no one should reply on the
list else his reply would not show in Phab. I try to manually copy such
replies and paste to Phab comments but that's not a solution.

Yaron