[LLVMdev] is there a non-jitting interpreter for the LLVM IR?

Daniel Wilkerson daniel.wilkerson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 03:33:03 PDT 2014

Is there a non-jitting interpreter for the LLVM IR?  I'm tired of
hunting around in your source code looking for it.

I want to write a dynamic analysis and if your interpreter is clean
enough it will be easier to hack on it than to write my own.  I want a
"naive" interpreter that just does each instruction one at a time.
Again, my goal is not performance, but semantics.  When you JIT it
makes augmenting what each instruction does a pain.  I hacked on
Vagrind a bit and that was the primary problem.

Daniel