[LLVMdev] Technical details discussion for SEH

JB Feldman jb.feldman at kyrus-tech.com
Fri Jan 31 16:27:11 PST 2014

Thanks,

If LLVM can emit code that runs ok from the OS, I think what I'm trying
to do should be doable, if frustrating to implement. Can you point me to
the code that handles this functionality? I haven't poked around much,
but I can tell from reading the exception handling spec that this isn't
the default behavior. Unless I'm seriously missing things, SEH requires
placing exception handlers on the stack along with the code that they
handle, the fact that everything calls into the same _except_handler3
function is simply a matter of implementation, but the OS needs the
address of the first handler to be in fs:[0], which did not sound like
the exception handling behavior described in the documentation.

The answer to your other question is yes, LLVM transforms!