[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Sanitizers libs in Compiler-RT

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Fri Jan 31 01:59:31 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org>wrote:

> On 31 January 2014 08:50, Alexey Samsonov <samsonov at google.com> wrote:
>
>> That is, I still don't see what the problem is - it's relatively easy to
>> enable building just the compiler-rt library on ARM and not enable building
>> sanitizers on ARM.
>>

> For some reason, when I added the compiler-rt directory (even before my
> CMake changes), the Clang tests *required* the Asan libraries in
> lib/clang/3.5/linux, which is why I added it in the first place. I think
> this is wrong and should be fixed (though I have no idea how) in the Clang
> CMake files.

Huh? What tests are you talking about? I thought that tests for Clang
driver verifiy that the command "clang++ -fsanitize=address ...." produce a
correct linker invocation (with path to
/lib/clang/3.5/linux/libclang_rt.asan-arm.a), but don't actually require
the libraries to be built there. If it's not the case, we should fix that.

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK