[LLVMdev] Sanitizers libs in Compiler-RT

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jan 30 13:54:55 PST 2014

On 30 January 2014 21:50, Reid Kleckner <rnk at google.com> wrote:

> I don't see any compelling reason to split the sanitizers out today.

Clear, next.

I think the sanitizer guys would probably take a patch to CMakeLists.txt to
> disable the sanitizer RTLs.

Right. I'll first make it build and test, than I'll disable via a flag,
since other people can work in parallel to make it work on ARM.

I'm told that ASan supports ARM, but it's maybe not production quality, so
> I don't think disabling all sanitizers on non-x86 architectures will work.

I hear Android folks use it, this is why I want to enable them by default.
Even if the tests don't mean much, at least there's a seed from where they
can pick that up and complete the port.

I'm fine on building them on my own, but buildbots and release builds
should not need to, if it's not suitable.

Thanks, that answers all my questions. I'll proceed with my changes.

--renato