[LLVMdev] Warnings on Unittests

Alp Toker alp at nuanti.com
Thu Jan 30 09:44:01 PST 2014

On 30/01/2014 17:23, Renato Golin wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm using gcc 4.8.1 and I'm getting these warnings on every googletest
> file:

This is showing up with clang too.

In file included from
llvm/utils/unittest/googletest/include/gtest/gtest.h:65:
llvm/utils/unittest/googletest/include/gtest/gtest-typed-test.h:239:47:
warning: variadic macros are a C99 feature [-Wvariadic-macros]

> src/llvm/utils/unittest/googletest/include/gtest/gtest-typed-test.h:239:47:
> warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in C99
> [-Wvariadic-macros]
>  # define REGISTER_TYPED_TEST_CASE_P(CaseName, ...) \
>                                                ^
> It seems a gtest infrastructure file, so maybe we should just ignore
> that warning on the unittest directory?

The file itself hasn't changed since 2011 it'd be useful to isolate the
build system change that caused this in case other flags have gone missing.

Alp.

> --renato

http://www.nuanti.com
the browser experts