[LLVMdev] "Function" file name

Mishne, Alon alon.mishne at intel.com
Thu Jan 30 04:19:23 PST 2014

This should work, but I think a more standard approach (though arguably slower) is to use DebugInfoFinder (from DebugInfo.h).

So create a DebugInfoFinder, process the module with it, and then iterate over all the subprograms to find the one matching your function. Roughly something like:

DebugInfoFinder Finder;
Finder.processModule(F->getParent());
for (DebugInfoFinder::iterator Iter = Finder.subprogram_begin(),
    End = Finder.subprogram_end(); Iter != End; ++Iter) {
  const MDNode* node = *Iter;
  DISubprogram SP(node);
  if (SP.describes(F)) return SP.getFilename();
}