[LLVMdev] making emitInlineAsm protected

reed kotler rkotler at mips.com
Wed Jan 29 14:27:42 PST 2014

On 01/29/2014 02:18 PM, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
>> I'd like to just check my code in and then you can look at it in it's
>> totality and see if you have
>> a better solution .
> No!
>
> If it is the compiler creating instructions, it is not inline
> assembly. If you need to print mips16 and mips32 and they are two
> independent instruction sets, my guess is that you need to figure out
> how to swap between two AsmPrinters.
>
> Cheers,
> Rafael
We do switch them already.

We create different functions for the stubs and assign them the mips32
attribute.

Then they get assembled.

The need for these particular stubs cannot be recognized until isel
lowering.

Why do I need to make a complex mechanism here when all I need to do is
emit some
some inline assembly code at the end of asm printer?

What purpose will this serve?

Reed