[LLVMdev] stack switching?

Timothy Baldridge tbaldridge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 10:53:32 PST 2014

I would absolutely love to have this for a compiler I'm working on. I don't
know that  I have the time to try to hack up a patch, but +1 for this
feature, and I'd love to pitch in as possible.

Timothy

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Eric Christopher <echristo at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Josh Haberman <jhaberman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Are there any plans to add stack switching to LLVM? I've seen a few
> > proposals for it floating around (some even implemented):
> >
> > http://ulir.ul.ie/handle/10344/2927 (implemented in:
> > https://github.com/stedolan/llvm)
> > https://code.google.com/p/llvm-stack-switch/
> >
> > But I couldn't find any discussion of whether there was a plan to
> integrate
> > one of these.
> >
> > Any plans to add this feature?
> >

> I hadn't seen any proposals by the people you're linking to, it seems
> like an interesting idea, but we'd need the patches submitted etc.
> Perhaps get in touch with the authors and ask them about it?
>
> -eric

"One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that-lacking
zero-they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C
programs."
(Robert Firth)