[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.4 stable releases

Tom Stellard tom at stellard.net
Wed Jan 22 06:54:47 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 03:25:40PM -0800, Chandler Carruth wrote:
> What's the state here?
>
> There are three commits I've made to Clang that I'd like to see in the 3.4
> release branch if for no other reason than to help out folks bootstrapping
> on old Linux distributions with too-old installed versions of
> GCC/libstdc++. These are r199632, r199633, and r199769. Let me know if you
> can merge them or I should or how we can get a nice stable tree that folks
> can check out and build as the first step of getting a bootstrap.

Hi Chandler,

I think we can start committing patches to the 3.4 branch even while
we finalize the details of the release process.  Assuming these patches
fall into the category of ABI compatible bug fixes, if you cc me and the
code owner on theses commit emails, I can commit them to the 3.4 branch
once the code owner approves.

-Tom