[LLVMdev] Attribute after last parameter!

Lee Hammerton savoury.snax at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 21 00:45:07 PST 2014

Hi all,

 I've just finished updating my EDL frontend from LLVM3.0 to LLVM3.4, it
wasn't too painful, however many of my programs are failing to verify after
construction. Basically I get an error from the verifier e.g. :

Attribute after last parameter!
i1 ()* @PinGettest
Broken module found, compilation aborted!

 After some digging, I've narrowed it down to the following :

  function->setOnlyReadsMemory(true);

 which is used for functions that are tied to reads on PINs, (EDL is a form
of description language for emulators - a kind of hardware abstraction for
chips).

 If I comment out the setOnlyReadsMemory, then the verifier completes fine.
The call is made just after creating the function.

 I`m guessing the attribute changes between 3.1 and 3.4 are to blame,
perhaps there is now an alternate way to specify this?

 Lee