[LLVMdev] Invalid RegNum error

Tim Northover t.p.northover at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 01:48:42 PST 2014

> Not 16-bit, 32-bit or 64-bit mode!
> UNREACHABLE executed at X86Subtarget.cpp:490!

That looks like a symptom of the triple not being set properly. The
mode is set based on it, and doesn't seem to be altered elsewhere.
What happens if you put a breakpoint on X86Subtarget::X86Subtarget?
What gets passed in as the Triple string?

I'm afraid I don't recognise the earlier problem. If it happens on
trunk after you've sorted the triple thing then the best idea is to
try and reproduce it with a .ll file and llc to do the compiling. If
you can send information like that to the list, simple problems like
assertions are usually fixed quite quickly.

Cheers.

Tim.