[LLVMdev] LLVM 3.4 RC3 fails to run on Win32

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Fri Jan 17 13:16:47 PST 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Jasper Neumann <jn at sirrida.de> wrote:
>> I have attempted to build this week's 3.5 snapshot
>> (http://llvm.org/builds/downloads/LLVM-3.5.r198737-win32.exe)
>> with XP support.
>> I don't have a Win XP machine handy, so it would be great if
>> you or someone else could give it a try and see if it works.
>
> I have downloaded and successfully installed your compile but unfortunately
> the result is the same as reported 2014-01-05 10:20.

I'm very sorry, it seems I forgot to reload my browser before copying
that link. The latest snapshot is here:
http://llvm.org/builds/downloads/LLVM-3.5.r199319-win32.exe

I managed to try this on a vanilla Win XP SP3 machine, and it seems to
work :) I didn't do a lot of testing, but at least clang.exe and
clang-cl.exe both execute and can compile a simple file.

Thanks,
Hans