[LLVMdev] Do all user-written passes have to be run through a PassManager object (called from outside the LLVM infrastructure)?

jiading jiading at multicorewareinc.com
Thu Jan 16 16:20:32 PST 2014

Thanks John. Out of curiosity,  I wonder if it's possible to summarize
the LLVMpass-specific design patterns. I.e., the software engineering
techniques that were used to design/implement the LLVM Pass
Infrastructure. Equivalently, this may also answer the question "Why is
the code this way". This visibility can improve understanding and that
is likely to improve quality as more developers are better informed.