[LLVMdev] Dragonegg buildbots

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Wed Jan 15 09:30:14 PST 2014

Hi Rafael,

On 15/01/14 16:28, Rafael EspĂ­ndola wrote:
> It looks like dragonegg should have a single buildbot using gcc 4.7.
> All others would be with 4.6 and 4.5.  All the 4.5 and 4.6 ones went
> red since we reject those compilers now.

there is a difference between the compiler used to build LLVM and dragonegg
(gcc 4.7 or better) and the compiler the plugin will be loaded into, which
could be older.  For example, the nightly test could be run using gcc-4.6+
dragonegg, with LLVM and dragonegg built using gcc-4.7.  However, as most of
the buildbots are bootstrapping LLVM/gcc/dragonegg, and for them these
theoretically different gcc's need to be the same, you are right that most
of the buildbots are junk now.

> The 4.7 one is trying to use gcc13, which is currently offline so we
> now have 0 bot coverage for dragonegg. Can we drop the 4.5 and 4.6
> bots and reuse one of the manchines for 4.7? Is there documentation
> somewhere on how this is done? Do I need anything more than write
> access to zorg to do it?

For zapping buildbots you can just remove them in zorg.  For adding or
moving buildbots you may well need access to the machines.  If you send me
your public ssh key I can arrange for you to be able to login.

Ciao, Duncan.