[LLVMdev] libcxxabi on ARM/Linux

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Mon Jan 13 02:36:27 PST 2014

On 13 January 2014 10:13, İsmail Dönmez <ismail at donmez.ws> wrote:

> I recently tried to build libcxxabi on ARM/Linux but looks like libunwind
> is not providing the necessary symbols needed, precisely
> _Unwind_SjLj_RaiseException and related functions are missing.

Hi Ismail,

ARM Linux shouldn't use SJLJ exception handling, but again, nor does EHABI
work yet, so you should be ok in disabling EH for now, if that helps you
build the library (I don't know).

Support for EHABI is coming a long way, and I hope we can have something,
even if basic, for the next release. But that doesn't help your problem,
and someone with more knowledge on the libcxx could chime in to help you.

cheers,
--renato