[LLVMdev] Build/Install of LLVM without root access

Bryan Ewbank Bryan.Ewbank at sas.com
Tue Jan 7 08:39:12 PST 2014

I am using the source distribution, and the first puzzle is that it doesn't seem to match with the installation instructions from svn.  E.g., svn talks about llvm, cfe, compiler-rt, etc; however, the source is in many differently named *.tar.gz files:
clang-3.4.src.tar.gz              libcxx-3.4.src.tar.gz  polly-3.4.src.tar.gz
clang-tools-extra-3.4.src.tar.gz  lld-3.4.src.tar.gz     test-suite-3.4.src.tar.gz
compiler-rt-3.4.src.tar.gz        lldb-3.4.src.tar.gz
dragonegg-3.4.src.tar.gz          llvm-3.4.src.tar.gz

So, how do I shuffle/merge the content of the tar.gz files to produce the source tree that would result from the various svn actions described in http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html (etc)?

-- Bryan