[LLVMdev] Tracing values in llvm IR

Jin Huang 54jin.huang at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:39:12 PST 2014

Hi, everyone.

I want to writing a Pass to get the variable value while the program is
running ,the basic idea is to insert an STL map in the program ,and get
every value and address a program use ,but whether it's possible to do this
by transforming the llvm IR?

I didn't find any useful functions to get a variable's address in LLVM IR
.It seems that the IR is an SSA form and we can not get a value's address
in compiling time.Is that right? But how can I dynamically get the
variable's value in run time by writing a Pass ?