[LLVMdev] Advise on Git mirror for llvm-lit

Daniel Liew daniel.liew at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Feb 28 08:23:41 PST 2014

Hi,

I find the llvm-lit tool incredibly useful for other to setup a git
mirror that mirrors only stuff in utils/lit which I could then use as
a git submodule in other projects I work on. The rationale for doing
this is that that cloning the llvm git repository is wasteful if I
only want llvm-lit.

I had a quick go at this...

$ git svn clone -r81190:HEAD
http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/utils/lit llvm-lit

The result was fairly satisfactory except that commit author email
addresses were screwed up, e.g.

commit 5ce8d8244224431e2b4d88c5d9b0045f8c8ba388