[LLVMdev] compiler-rt CMake build

Alexey Samsonov samsonov at google.com
Tue Feb 25 00:28:58 PST 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:26 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 02/24/2014 10:02 AM, Alexey Samsonov wrote:
> > Yes, 2.8.10.2 to be exact.
>
> Well, the upstream change I made to simplify this feature in
> the future:
>
>  ExternalProject: Add option to always run the build step
>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=73e5c6ae
>
> includes a test that touches a file in the external project
> source.  It passes our test suite with the Ninja generator.
>
> Please see if you can reproduce this with CMake 'master' from
> Git:

Yep, I can reproduce it with latest CMake and ninja:

$ cmake --version
cmake version 3.0.20140225-gcd8c
$ ninja --version
1.4.0.git
I configure LLVM with -DLLVM_BUILD_EXTERNAL_COMPILER_RT=ON
(with applied patches http://llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com/D2868 and
http://llvm-reviews.chandlerc.com/D2874)
Then I run
$ ninja compiler-rt
twice. The first run builds the libraries, the second shows only: "ninja:
no work to do." message.

--
Alexey Samsonov, MSK