[LLVMdev] [AArch64] Use of isVoid in isLegalAddressingMode API for LSR

Chad Rosier mcrosier at codeaurora.org
Mon Feb 24 13:12:49 PST 2014

All,
I'm in the process of implementing the isLegalAddressingMode API for
AArch64.  I noticed that for ARM, the MVT::isVoid is allowed in some
cases.

This was originally committed by Chris here:
http://www.llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project?view=revision&revision=35601

The commit message comments:
"Allow IV's with scales to be folded into non-store instructions."

I think I understand the general idea, but could someone possibly
elaborated a bit more on what this change is doing?  It was only committed
6 years, 10 months ago.. :)

It also seems generic; why isn't it in the other backends?

 Chad

hosted by The Linux Foundation