[LLVMdev] llvm-ar does not generates symbol table for contained bitcode files

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 12:21:37 PST 2014

On 30 September 2013 22:06, Jason Holajter <jholajter at arxan.com> wrote:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> Thank you for the response. The updated behavior to match the standard
> symbol table makes sense.
>
> Do you have any estimate for when the behavior describe below might be
> implemented?

Sorry for not providing an estimate. There was a lot of yak shaving
needed and I was not sure how much. With r201881 llvm-ar should be
including IR files in the symbol table, but it is not using the
mangler yet, so the names will be wrong on OS X (missing a _ prefix).

I am currently working at second set of yak shaving needed to get the
mangler working in llvm-ar.

Cheers,
Rafael