[LLVMdev] compiler-rt CMake build

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 21 08:10:10 PST 2014

On 02/21/2014 10:31 AM, Brad King wrote:
> Using ExternalProject for a recursive-make-like structure was
> only later proposed as a use case.  In order to make the build
> step always run you need to make it depend on an extra step that
> is always out of date:
>
> ExternalProject_Add_Step(compiler-rt always-build
>   COMMENT "Always building MyCOnly..."

s/MyCOnly/compiler-rt/

>   DEPENDERS build
>   ALWAYS 1
>   )

In order to simplify this in the future, I've looked at adding
a BUILD_ALWAYS option to ExternalProject_Add:

 ExternalProject: Add option to always run the build step
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=73e5c6ae

This would allow one to request that the external build step run
on every build of the main project without adding an extra step
manually.

-Brad