[LLVMdev] C++11 in LLVM/Clang - NOT YET!

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Feb 20 14:41:11 PST 2014

Folks,

There has been quite a lot of C++11 commits breaking builds and bots
around, and I'd like to remember everyone that we still haven't
changed the buildbots to handle the new standard.

Please, *do NOT* use C++11 until *all* first-class target buildbots
have been changed to use -std=c++11.

People have worked towards support in autoconf and CMake but I still
haven't seen an email clearing the way, and I think we all should just
wait until such an email comes before *any* C++11 dependent feature
comes in.

I have heard on IRC that there were some issues with versions of
libstdc++, which even with C++11 supporting compilers things were
still failing. We need to clear those up, first.

Thanks for your understanding.

--renato