[LLVMdev] Documentation on llvm::CodeModel?

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Feb 19 23:39:38 PST 2014

They are defined in section 3.5.1 of X86-64 platform ABI:
http://www.x86-64.org/documentation/abi.pdf

Googling for "code mode x86-64" also brings bunch of interesting topic
including:

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/MachOTopics/1-Articles/x86_64_code.html
http://eli.thegreenplace.net/2012/01/03/understanding-the-x64-code-models/

Hope this helps

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:02 AM, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:
> Where is the documentation on what llvm::CodeModel values mean?
> I observe that with Small code model, elf relocation entries become 32 bit,
> and the corresponding functions are expected to be in the same 32-bit memory
> segment.
> But is it possible to make specific call instances still treated as far
> calls?
> What is the difference between those values in general?
>
> Googling for llvm CodeModel terms only brings this:
> http://llvm.org/docs/doxygen/html/namespacellvm_1_1CodeModel.html Blank
> doxygen "documentation".
>
> Something should be written up on what those values are for, what is the
> difference between them, etc.
>
> Yuri

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov